It’s a luxurious feeling to be staying at a hotel once in a while. You get to relax, receive the first-class treatment, and you don’t have to clean your things after yourself. And because you get to experience this kind of service from nice hotels, of course, room designs and themes are really beautiful. In fact, you are thinking of a home addition design inspired by that hotel room. Although you may think that the designs of the hotel rooms are what makes them noticeable, that’s true. And you can even have them incorporated in your own abode.
THE BEDROOM MAKEOVER
There’s no denying that when it comes to your bedroom renovation project there are so many ideas that are jumping in and out of your brain cells. Basically, your main goal in this project is to transform your private sanctuary into something where you can find comfort and inner peace. Compared to a hotel room where its purpose is to please its guests, your bedroom is a place that you can claim as your own and reflects your sense of style, ideas, and taste.
With the many hotel-like bedroom designs you can find almost everywhere, there are still tips to be followed which can make you achieve that luxurious space you always dreamed of having:
It’s the first thing that you should consider. This is where you imagine your bed should be placed, have a study area, a coffee area or mini fridge area, grooming, and a working station. Actually, you can apply these concepts no matter what size your room is.
Go over your room’s system controls, acoustics, and ventilation. During the renovation, you can request to have extra insulation in between walls, upgrade your carpet pad, have fabric walls which have padded upholstered headboard or wall panels. These are just some ways to add comfort to your room. If you wanted a vent system, keep your bed away from it and see to it that you are still being exposed to natural air. You can even install a sound system and a minimalist fireplace where you can hang out anytime you wanted, especially this winter season. Do also add a three-way switch system above your evening stand for easier access.
These are the things you will notice from first-class hotel rooms:
- There’s a three-way switch upon entry for the bedside lamp.
- When the closet door opens, the lights automatically switch on.
- The bedside reading lights can be controlled separately.
- Lightings in the bathroom: wall sconces, overhead vanity lighting, tub area, makeup mirror lights and under-lighting in the vanity area for a nightlight.
- All lights have dimmer controls.
- Try the swiveling desk so you can still watch tv while you are attending to your paper works.
- Ottomans have multiple uses: for tired feet, table for board games, coffee table, or dining table.
- Invest in the best bed that you can with a pillow top. It will give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
- Set aside the bedspread. Replace it with dust skirt to create a different feel.
- Purchase the first-class beddings because the quality is incomparable. Truly, it’s all worth it.
- Add colorful throw pillows and a throw blanket to protect your comforter
ONE OF A KIND AND PERSONAL
- You will notice different paintings, local arts, and all sorts of magazines in big hotels for guests’ entertainment and to be aware of the city’s story and history. The same thing goes with your room – keep it personal. No matter what you put there do not forget the special items that will keep you connected to your house and to the people around it, most especially. Whether you hang a painting of your favorite artists, a portrait of your family, other pictures of you and your favorite people, a bookshelf loaded with all of your favorite books and novels, they are all part of you, so do not forget to include them when you start decorating.
THE BOTTOM LINE
You do not have to spend a hefty amount just to transform your bedroom into a hotel-like one. You can find a lot of affordable home addition DC contractors and experts that can help you achieve a themed room without spending too much. It is an investment to have the best items in your bedroom because it is your personal escape pod and it is where you can and should find peace of mind. So basically everything else will all depend on you.