The job of every home addition design experts and contractors is to transform any visually unpleasant or unpleasing space or room into an area worth coming home again too. And their job also includes the foyer.
PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FOYER
The foyer area of your home is like a butler that introduces the house to your guests and is the first one who welcomes them. It is basically the first part of a home that you will see the moment you set your foot inside. It is also the are that can make a big impression to your guests. So if your foyer is not that attractive, then your guests will be expecting the same with the rest of the house.
THE FOYER CONNECTS THE HOUSE TO YOUR GUESTS
Over time, the foyer becomes similar to a hallway, entryway, or an entrance hall. So in a nutshell, the foyer is where your guests are being entertained first.
Whether it’s a house or an apartment, foyers are usually spacious with plenty of room for additional furniture or accessories. This means that you’ll have to be making some tough decisions and choices when it comes to decorating this portion of your nook. You have to be certain about the main function of your foyer will be, think about your lifestyle, and think about the style you wanted for the foyer area.
GIVE YOUR FOYER A NEW LIFE
- The foyer needs storage considering the items that need to be stored like hats, coats, shoes, bags, accessories, and a lot more. With a proper storage system, you can keep all the items kept in a well-organized manner.
- You can decorate your foyer with either a carpet or an area rug, wall art or a side table, and other decorative accessories of different shapes and sizes. This includes vases and lighting designs. It’s much better to put an attractive carpet or a rug that will automatically get your guests attention as they enter your house.
- A round table or a console table will add glam to your foyer. You can have them placed either against the wall or in a corner of the area. Put a vase, scented candles or other aromatic and scented pieces that your guests will find attractive and pleasing.
- Never take the walls for granted. You can hang either frames, artwork or some DIY wall décor pieces that you can easily find in the store or online.
- Of course, the most important of all home decors – lights. A chandelier will look perfect on high ceilings as well as pendant lights. While sconces can be easily mounted or attached on the foyer walls to add illumination and style altogether.
- Using a large mirror can really showcase a foyer. By placing it on the wall, it will reflect either the living area or any room that is adjacent to its view. The mirror has always been a glamorous piece of accessory that can turn any foyer into an amazing indoor focal point.
- A bench or any stylish living room chair can be a great feature in a foyer area. It sets an inviting and welcoming impression to guests that will feel the comfortable ambiance as they walk their way through the house.
The foyer is a crucial part of any home which is sometimes being taken for granted. It serves as an entryway to anyone being welcomed inside your haven and if the foyer is well decorated and managed, you are assured that whoever enters your home will feel the positive ambiance. If you need help with your foyer area, the home remodeling architects DC will gladly offer their services for you to achieve an inviting foyer area.