One important part of the house that is often being taken for granted is the walk-in closet. But nowadays many homeowners are including their closets in their home addition design projects. A walk-in closet is a room that is linked to your bathroom where you keep and place all your essentials and stuff like bags, clothes, shoes, underwears, pieces of jewelry, accessories, jackets, and a lot more. It’s pretty much your second favorite place on earth. So, if you wanted to revamp some of your rooms to make it look impressive to your household members and your guests, then doing a makeover of your closet is something you should also do to reward yourself.
Why Closets Exists
So, you may see your closet as an extra room for all of your things that you barely understand why it actually exists in the first place and is also a space that you should pay attention to.
It’s a Room for all of your Everything
- Yes, it may just be a small area connected to your bedroom, but it is the most important space in your life and you just failed to realize that until now. Right after you hoard stuff from your favorite brand, where do you dump all the shopping bags? In your closet. When you suddenly remembered that pink dress you’ve kept ages ago because it is the perfect dress for your first date, where will you look for it? In your closet. Do you see it now? Your closet is not just for your shirts, socks, and pants. It’s for entirely EVERYTHING that is important to you. And it’s the one room that keeps all that’s important to you so giving it a little makeover will definitely do wonders.
- Your closet has one task only and that is to keep all your things organized so, at any time that you might need something important, you know that one place where to find it. It’s an extra room that serves as a storage for all your valuables, therefore, considering doing a revamp in your wardrobe area will give you the convenience you’ve never imagined possible. You can add shelves, drawers, storage baskets, mirror, and bright lights to enhance the place. See, you can customize it all you want for as long as it can keep the smallest and the biggest items you have.
Ditch your Dressing Room
All in One Spot
- Having a separate dressing room is good, but if you can’t have it in your home, then make your closet as your dressing room instead. Here’s why:
- Your entire wardrobe is already in one place so that will make it easy for you to grab whatever you need.
- You can prep-up easily because you’ve got enough space to move around.
- You can always accessorize it.
- You can place seat furniture for added convenience while you get yourself glammed up.
- Another great thing for combining your closet and dressing room together is that when you decided to change your clothes or shoes, you can just take it off, place it back in your shelves or hanging cabinet and put on something else. This will keep all your clothes organized without you making an extra effort to put them back from one place to another.
Gives you that Rewarding Feeling
- Aside from keeping your room from looking cluttered and messed-up, remodeling your closet will enable you to utilize all the space it has to keep all your things organized and neat. Plus, the security that it provides is just truly priceless. Like whenever you’re not at home or will take a few days before you return, you can just always lock your closet to secure all your belongings. Or you can also place a secret safe box within your closet where you can put all your valuables like expensive jewelry and cash. In that way, it will be kept unnoticed and highly secured.
One More Thing…
Having an organized closet is really cool and it gives a different satisfying feeling. That daily experience of walking in your closet and finding everything you need all in one room is just awesome, so what more if you enhanced that spot a little more? If you wanted to have more ideas about closet designs and style, home remodeling architects Washington, DC can always help you out and will provide you with the solution you need in your closet. You can then finally utilize and have all the space that want and be able to have everything you’ve got all in one area only.