You may have been aware that there are some homeowners to consult Feng Shui experts when it comes to their home remodeling and decors before they ask their home remodeling architects to do their job. So what is the purpose of it? To invite peace and tranquility into your home.
FENG SHUI AND THE DINING ROOM
But when it comes to the room which Feng Shui finds it more important is the Dining Room. Because it is where the entire family usually dine and spend a genuine time together, either every day or whenever there is a chance to be complete. However, in most houses, the dining area is not being used that often and instead, it becomes a dumping area for different stuff and in Feng Shui, this brings negative energy to the entire room.
As a matter of fact, piling clutter anywhere in the house or in the office decreases the positive energy Feng Shui has for that space and it is believed that it restricts the flow of Qi energy.
THE (FENG SHUI) DINING ROOM TIPS
Feng Shui aims to make the dining room in every home an area where harmony, prosperity, wealth, and the strength of the family bond be more centered and focused. And here are the dining room tips that will change the way your dining room looks.
- Set your dining area to be calm, instigate hunger, comfortable, and inviting.
- Keep the balance of colors in your dining area; avoid having it too bright or too plain.
- Determine whether your dining room is well-exposed to sunlight and has proper ventilation.
- Hang a mirror that will reflect your dining table to attract prosperity
- It is optional to place a wash basin in the Eastern or Northern part of the dining room.
- Your dining room should be very close to the kitchen.
- The kitchen and dining area should be situated on the same floor area.
- If you have a big kitchen, utilize a portion of an area of the kitchen to be your dining spot.
- If the dining area is arranged to be part of your living room (which is also common in most homes) install a curtain or place some indoor plants to set a division.
- As for furniture, choose an oval, square, rectangular or circular dining table.
- Choose a dining table that is made from high-quality wood material.
- The dining table should have enough space for every member of the family.
- The number of dining chairs should be even.
- As much as possible no one’s back should be facing the door or window when seated because it can cause insecurity.
- The head of the family should be facing East when dining, while the rest of the family can be seated facing, North, West, or East.
- Maintain being polite and gentle to every family member when dining and if possible – always.
- Always be happy, calm, relaxed and stress-free while dining. It should be a habit.
- Keep the following on your dining table:
- Apples to develop friendship;
- Pears to attract positive energy;
- Peaches for good health and;
- Oranges for prosperity and richness.
- If you are not a fruit person, you can place fresh flowers on the dining table. Using dried flowers means
- Practice having an everyday meal with the family; if not possible, at least once a week.
- Have enticing images in the dining area to promote hunger.
- Always say Grace before starting every meal.
WHAT TO AVOID IN THE DINING ROOM
- See to it that the house entrance and dining room door does not face each other.
- The dining room should not be a room of dining etiquette, otherwise, it will make everyone annoying and lose interest in eating.
- Avoid the TV or any electronic gadget in the dining area to encourage the entire family to bond and spend quality time with each other.
- Avoid paintings with negative meaning hanging in your dining area; actually its better to not have them at all anywhere inside the house.
- Avoid eating alone; it promotes sadness. Instead, turn on the music if you’re eating alone.
Guess, these pointers are new for while others could be aware of certain practices and beliefs. In fact, there is nothing wrong if you apply the tips, but the things to avoid are a real eye-opener. The dining area, next to the kitchen, is where the bond as a family starts and is being molded. Therefore, it is very important to keep that space in the house happy and warm. You can have the retail store contractors DC for the new furniture and decors that you will need to enhance the character of your dining room.