We are almost at the end of the first quarter and about to usher in the second quarter of the year. What have you accomplished in terms of home improvement, so far? It’s not too late to start renovating your home, one day at a time. Maybe you can start as simple as changing your bedroom carpet or rearranging your living room furniture.
Or perhaps consider planning for a home addition design. In such a case, you should hire a professional home addition builder. There are a lot of additions or renovations you can do for your home. For example, you can plan a living room extension or bedroom addition. Or perhaps upgrade your bathroom in time for 2020!
Bathroom trends this 2020
Just when you think your bathroom seems fine, you can be wrong. You can do more for your bathroom but you might be too busy focusing on other parts of your home. That is why it might be high time for a bathroom makeover. Before that, you need to look for experienced home remodeling architects to help you with your home improvement project.
Before that, you need to know the latest bathroom trends for the year 2020. Perhaps this is the right time to have a bathroom makeover. Out with the old and in with the new! You will definitely love these following bathroom renovation ideas you can try soon.
Bath fixtures with brass or gold finishes
Brass and gold are back especially for bathroom fixtures this year. From toilets, sinks, showers, and other bathroom fixtures, you can enjoy a classic and luxurious bathing experience every time.
Not everyone may find this bathroom design appealing. However, this bathroom design is definitely back in style for this year. It’s tough and edgy, yet modern and classy appeal will be the norm in many households. If you are aiming for an urban and modern-looking home, you should consider this bathroom design on your next home improvement project.
The cool grey theme is out, and warm woody accents and tones are becoming popular once again! Various wood shades can match different bathroom themes – they’re basically versatile. This is also one home addition design you would want to consider.
Open showers and huge bathtubs
Open showers are still in this year, as well as huge luxurious bathtubs. Add ambient lighting, asymmetrical mirrors, and “floating” vanity cabinets and you will have a bathroom that you can be proud to let your guests use.
Get that wallpaper back
Just when you think wallpapers are only for bedrooms, you are wrong. Wallpapers with bold and intricate patterns will surely make your bathroom look more interesting. To avoid peeling and moisture issues, you can install wallpaper in the powder area.
Bathroom trends you should not look back… for now
For your home improvement needs, you should call reliable home addition companies. On the other hand, you might want to avoid these following bathroom designs for now.
- Anything pink – rose gold or anything with pink hues, stay away for now.
- Tiles with hexagonal shapes – you can opt for simple-looking tiles instead.
- Lacquered storage cabinets – matte finishes are in, so you might want to go in that direction.
- Loud bathroom themes – some people might be turned off with intense bathroom motifs. This year, you would want to go subtle in bathroom design.
When should you have your bathroom renovated?
Just when you think your bathroom looks good in your eyes, chances are it is not always the case. You can consult architects builders to help utilize your bathroom space.
For one thing, a bathroom renovation can be one of the best decisions you will ever make. Not only will it make your bathroom look refreshing but also add value to your home. Is your bathroom like one of the following?
- Your bathroom seems too small, it lacks storage space.
- You need a bathroom that can accommodate your growing family.
- Your tiles are already outdated and grimy.
- Your plumbing and lighting systems are also outdated and need replacing.
- You want your bathroom to be more functional (ex. avoid the bathroom door from hitting the nearby toilet or cabinet).
- You have small children or elderly family members that need more safety features at home.
- You are planning to make your home energy-efficient and environment-friendly.
Call home addition experts today!
Your bathroom needs some major overhaul once in a while. It is a good idea to make your home updated with the latest home improvement trends. For your home improvement needs, contact the best home addition companies in DC today!